Printer problems are brought about by several reasons which can be hardware failures, paper jams, and so on. If your printer is composed like it’s in working mode, meanwhile not performing any tasks it might be due to connectivity problems. Therefore, you need to make sure that the network is stable.
Or you might require connecting your printer properly to the computer. So, how is the printer connected to the computer?
There are two ways to connect your printer to the computer: through USB and wireless. However, with USB, you will first need to access the window settings, then select devices, and finally you can connect your printer by choosing “add printer or scanner”.
How to connect a printer through a USB cable
As you open the printer package, you will have similar printer parts. You will also locate a USB cable in those parts. Which is to be connected to your laptop or computer. As soon as you join the cable to your computer, a notification will pop up. Stating that a new connection is available and to accomplish the installation you will be required to download a driver.
While you get this notification, go with the flow and get along with instructions. Now, follow up the procedure that is mentioned down below.
Access the window settings
- In the bottom left corner of your computer’s screen, there’s a start menu.
- Open it with a single click.
Find “printers and devices”
- As you open the start menu, you will see many options.
- Locate the “printers and devices” option and click it.
- The new windows will be unlatched.
Connect your printer
- The first two options will be “add a device” and “add a printer”.
- Click on add a printer and your windows will automatically determine the printer being connected through USB.
- Soon your printer’s name will appear.
- Select your printer and follow up instructions to attain the installation.
Bingo! Your printer is all set to print you a stack of pages.
Connect your printer through a wireless network
You can connect your printer in both ways, through a wired or wireless way. Just keep up with the following procedure.
Find the setup page
- As the printer is switched on and prepared for configuration, you are required to link it with wifi.
- Although many latest printers have LCD features, which will directly connect them to wifi.
- On your computer, find the setup page and modify the WAN settings.
Connect to wifi
- In WAN settings, you will see your wifi network name SSID.
- You can find it in the bottom right corner of your taskbar.
Accomplish the connection
- Click on your SSID and type in the password.
- As soon as the password is entered, your printer is put up to perform print jobs.
Connect your printer
- In the start menu, click on the option “devices and printers”.
- Now select “Add a printer” and your printer’s name will appear.
- Catch up with the next instruction of installation and you are all ready to print!
If you want money out of your unused ink cartridges? Click here.
- How do you connect a printer to your iPhone?
Assure that your cell phone and printer are connected to a similar wifi network. Open up the app on your iPhone, select the required document. Click on the share option and select print> your printer. You can personalize the print preview page first and then select done>print.
- How do you connect a printer to your android phone?
Google cloud print is an app mainly developed for android phones and tablets. You can find this app in the app store and install it. It can be installed on your laptop as well.
As multiple factors could be the reason that your printer is not working. In case your printer is detected with hardware failures, you will be required to visit a computer specialist. If it is a connectivity issue then inspect your printer connection with the computer. Additionally, try connecting your printer to your computer properly by getting along with the overhead-mentioned procedures.
Want to sell unused inkjet cartridges? Click here.