A printer is one of the most important pieces of equipment in our daily lives. It makes our jobs easier and more efficient. However, a printer may stop operating correctly if it is not properly maintained.
When printing, an ink cartridge is one of the factors that will influence the final product. Ink cartridges are often included with the purchase of a printer. The ink, on the other hand, will be done at some time. In this case, you’ll need to either refill the ink cartridge or purchase a new one.
The question is how to change ink in Canon Printers?
So, if you want to sell ink cartridges for cash click here
Changing Ink in Canon printer: Step-by-Step
Here is the step by step guide for you:
- Firstly, turn on the printer and remove the front cover.
- The paper output tray will open.
- Take out any paper from the cassette.
- Remove the lid from the paper output.
- The cartridge holder has been moved into the replacement position. Keep your hands off the cartridge holder until it comes to a complete stop.
- Push the cartridge down until it clicks.
- Take out the cartridge.
- Remove the fresh cartridge from its packaging and gently remove the protective tape.
- Insert the new cartridge at an angle into the cartridge holder. The color cartridge should be on the left, and the black cartridge should be on the right.
- Firmly push the cartridge in and up until it snaps into place.
- Check that the cartridge is properly placed. It should be parallel to the other cartridge.
- Close the lid of the output paper.
How to Change an Ink Cartridge in a Canon PIXMA MG2520
The Canon Pixma MG2520 is a stylish, multifunctional all-in-one printer that has features like HD video printing and efficient wireless performance. This printer uses two distinct ink cartridges, one for black and one for color.
Following are the instructions for replacing the ink cartridge in the Canon PIXMA MG2520:
If you want to sell toner cartridges for cash click here
Extend the output paper tray and retract it
Firstly, remove any paper that is sitting on the tray then gently push it in with your palm until it is flush with the rest of the printer unit.
Remove the lid
To get access to your printer’s internal mechanism, remove the front cover, which is situated directly above the paper tray.
This, like a drawer, has a finger depression at the top that you must push in. There will be a click, and the flap will drop, causing the ink cartridge holder to travel to the center of the printer.
Take out the old cartridges from your Canon printer
To remove the old cartridges, carefully pull them out of their slot with your thumb and index finger. Make sure to remove each cartridge one at a time, using a steady hand.
So, if you want to sell toner cartridges for cash click here
Put in the new Canon ink cartridges
To begin, take each cartridge from its package and place it flat on an even surface. After that, remove the plastic tab off each cartridge to reveal the nozzles.
Then, you’ll need to place each cartridge into its corresponding slot. To do this, put the nozzle first, then the label, with a hard push upwards until it snaps into place.
Please keep in mind that black ink goes in the right container and colored ink goes in the left. Before closing the lid, double-check that the cartridges are securely in place.
When you close the lid, the printer’s ON light (placed on the top left) will flicker green for about a minute before remaining illuminated.
Check your cartridges
A test print is essential for each printer ink cartridge installation. Fire up your desktop, open a document, hit print, and examine the output to check if the ink is printing properly.
if the ink comes out streaky or smudgy, you should reference your Canon printer handbook to learn how to realign the printer heads.
If the triangle warning symbol (found on the top left) flashes orange, reopen your printer and press the cartridges to ensure they are properly placed.
How to Change an Ink Cartridge in a Canon PIXMA MX922
The instructions for replacing the ink cartridge in the Canon PIXMA MX922 are as follows:
- Connect your MX922 to a power source. Lift the top cover, then the ink cover. This will cause the printer’s ink holder to move to the right cartridge installation position.
- Take out the used cartridges. Then, take off the protective wrapping from your new ink cartridge.
- Insert the new ink cartridge into the appropriate color slot.
- Gently push down to secure the position.
- Replace the ink cover and top cover in their original positions.
- Turn on your printer. You may now print once more.
- Do not force the print head holder to stop or move. Do not touch the print head holder until it has stopped.
- The print head holder slides to the right if the ink cover is left open for more than 10 minutes. Close and reopen the ink cover if this occurs.
- Other than the ink tanks, don’t touch anything else.
- To avoid ruining clothing or the surrounding area, handle the ink tank with care.
- Do not touch the metallic or other elements of the equipment.
- Dispose of the empty ink tank following local laws and regulations governing the disposal of consumables.
- Take care not to get ink on your hands or the surrounding area from the removed protective tape.
- After removing the protective tape, do not reconnect it.
The Ink cartridge has a limited lifespan. As a printer owner, you should replace the cartridge before it dries out. As a result, you can extend the life of your printer. This blog post provides you with a complete guideline on how to replace the Ink cartridge and what cautions you should take while replacing it.