Are you trying to connect your Canon printer to your wireless network? Or have you already spent hours exploring the Internet for a quick and easy setup? Look no further, this guide deals with all the ways on how to connect a canon printer to Wi-fi.
It is usually confusing for a new user to cope with all of the installation procedures. However, it is simple to connect your printer to the wireless network. There are several ways to connect a Canon printer to a wireless network. The Canon printer model you have will determine the method you use.
- Send the router information for your wireless network to your printer using a smart device, such as your smartphone’s networking functionality or the Canon Print Inkjet app on an iOS or Android device.
- To connect your wireless printer to the nearest wireless network, press the WPS button.
- Enter WPS pin code.
Method of Connecting a Smart Device
For a wireless connection between your Canon printer and your wireless network, a wireless device is required. To communicate wireless network information to the printer without using a direct cable connection, the software installer must be downloaded.
Users can download the free app to connect the wireless Canon printer to the wireless network using an iOS or Android device if they are using a smart device such as a smartphone to connect the printer to the wireless network. If you want, you may use a USB cable to connect it to a computer. If you’re using a tablet or smartphone, you won’t be able to connect through USB.
Connecting a Canon printer to a wireless network
- Turn on your printer by pressing the power button.
- Select the Settings option. Then hit the arrow button, and when you get to the device settings screen, select OK.
- Hold down the arrow button until you see LAN Settings, then hit OK.
- Hit the arrow button until you reach the wireless LAN configuration screen, then press OK.
- The printer will begin looking for a WiFi network, while the LED will flicker.
- If the searching process takes too long, hit Stop, and it will return to the wireless LAN configuration, basic setup. Click OK.
- Hit and hold the arrow button until you discover your WiFi network, then press OK.
- Enter your WiFi password and hit OK.
WPS Push Button Technique
Some wireless routers have a WPS Push Button, which acts as wireless printer sync. While not all wireless routers offer this technological capability, those that do make connecting to a wireless printer considerably easier.
So, if you want to sell ink cartridges for cash click here
To use the WPS Push Button to connect a wireless printer to a wireless network, do the following:
- Hold down the Wi-Fi button on the router until it flashes.
- Press the Start Button again, then the Wi-Fi button.
- Allow the Wi-Fi router to start flashing. When the Wi-Fi router starts blinking and the ON button lights up, hit the WPS button.
- The wireless router will indicate sync with the wireless printer by simultaneously lighting up the ON button and the Wi-Fi indicator.
- If the wireless sync fails, hit the STOP button and restart the sync.
This isn’t an option for all wireless routers, but it’s worth checking to see whether it’s accessible when you’re ready to set up your wireless printer. It can end up saving you a lot of hassle in the long run.
If you want to sell toner cartridges for cash click here
Method of WPS Pin Code
One of the more difficult techniques is using the WPS pin code to sync your wireless printer and wireless network but it can get the job done when other methods fail.
Here’s how you can connect using a WPS pin code:
- Load two sheets of regular paper into the machine.
- Turn on your printer. Until the ON light on the printer flashes, press and hold the Wi-Fi button.
- One more time, press the Wi-Fi button. This should cause the printer to output the printer’s wifi configuration information, including the WPS pin code.
- Hold the printer’s STOP button down until the Alarm light flashes sixteen times.
- At this point, the wireless printer should be ready to connect.
- Access your router’s internal settings via a wireless smart device or a wireless-capable PC. Once you have access to the router’s internal settings, enter the WPS pin code to begin network-to-printer sync.
So, if you want to sell toner cartridges for cash click here
What Should You Do If Your Canon Printer is not connecting to WiFi?
There may be printing difficulties if you are unable to connect your Canon printer to your system’s wifi network. In the following sections, you will find solutions to these printer difficulties and a smooth connection to wifi.
Here are a few factors that might be stopping you from connecting to your wireless network:
- The network connection to the printer has been lost. This problem is frequently fixed by just turning off each component, waiting ten seconds, and then turning them back on before re-syncing the two.
- The printer isn’t turned on. Even if the printer is plugged in, it must be turned on to receive a wireless signal.
- Ensure that your digital camera or PC, as well as your wireless printer, are both connected to the same network. If you accidentally sync your input device and your wireless printer to different networks, they won’t be able to find each other.
- In rare circumstances, the wireless card on the printer itself may be faulty, the printer should be replaced if a proper connection cannot be established.
This blog post provides you the complete information about how to connect a canon printer to wifi. We worked hard to make the procedures as easy as possible. If you are a new Canon printer user, it will undoubtedly be of great assistance to you.