Printers have made the life of people very easy. Almost all of the world is governed by printers. And to say that life would have been extremely difficult without it is no joke at all. How to make copies on a printer once you have bought it? Well, it is not that difficult to make copies from your printer if you know the right way to do it.
This is a step-by-step guide for you to know how you can make copies on a printer. Moreover, you will get to know what are a few steps to take care of your printer.
Steps to make copies
- Gather all the documents that you are going to get copied and start your printer. (It can be any printer.
- Xerox or copy your documents in a way that their face-down side is facing the glass at your printer.
- To ensure that the entire document will be copied, make sure the documents are aligned correctly.
- Put the printer’s lid back on. Additionally, if you’re copying a very large book, you can even remove the lid rather than forcing it to shut.
- Now, choose if you want black-and-white or colored Xeroxes?
- Some multipurpose printers also let you choose what kind of paper and how big to copy the document. When compared to the original document you are copying from, you can expand or shrink the copied document.
- You can then select the number of copies or Xeroxed copies that you wish to make. Moreover, ensure that you have inserted enough pages in the Xerox printer to complete the job.
- Now click on the buttons that you have on your printer: Start/Copy/Print button.
- Once the sheets have completely come out of the printer, collect them.
So, if you want to sell ink cartridges for cash click here.
For double-sided copy
You must make double-sided copies of documents if you want both sides of the page to be printed when you Xerox them into a printer.
- Firstly, when entering printer details, enter the option ‘two-sided’ or ‘double-sided’
- Now press the Start button to start copying the page
- Repeat the process for each page until done
If you want to sell toner cartridges for cash click here
Tips to know
- Copies of original documents will show defects or alignment problems. Hence, select the options carefully, align the document, and print it carefully.
- It is inversely proportional to the speed at which you copy and the quality of the Xeroxed document you get. So, as speed increases, quality tends to suffer.
- Make sure there are no ink streaks or missing ink cartridges in your Xerox printer before using it. Testing these issues and replacing ink cartridges if necessary can be done with a test print.
Read more: HOW TO PRINT FROM YOUR SMARTPHONE OR TABLET?
- The original is always better than a copy. Therefore, if there are defects in the original, look for them in copies before copying.
- The speed of copying and the quality of it go hand in hand: as one increases, the other decreases. Think about how much speed you are willing to sacrifice for quality.
- Before replacing the ink cartridge, perform a self-test print. Make sure the ink cartridges are in good condition by checking for streaking or missing colors.
- Unauthorized duplication of copyrighted work is both illegal and impolite. Be sure to get authorization first.
So, if you want to sell toner cartridges for cash click here
Printing copies from HP Printer
- Make sure the paper tray is loaded with the blank paper if you haven’t already done so.
- Put the original document on the glass of the C3100 scanner with the print side up. Make sure that it is positioned in the corner of the right side of the scanner.
- Put down the lid
- To create a black-and-white copy of your original document, click the “Start Copy Black” button. Moreover, for a color copy of the original, press the “Start Copy Color” button.
Read more: How to update printer driver windows 10
- Open the lid of the scanner and place the original document on the glass.
- Make copies by clicking on “Copies” – the button with the / symbol – and entering the number of copies. A value between “1” and “9” can be entered so that up to nine copies may be created.
- If you want to copy the original document in black-and-white, click “Start Copy Black.”. If you want to copy the original document in full color, click “Start Copy Color.”.
How to take care of your printer
Increase the frequency of printing
Regularly using your printer prevents the ink cartridge from drying out, which can cause several problems in the office or at home. Prints that aren’t frequently required can be printed with a laser printer. The powder in the laser printer cartridges cannot dry out since heat is used to fuse the powder to paper.
Clean your printer head
A successful business depends on high-quality printing, which is why printer performance needs to be maintained. Any machine, regardless of its model, can fail if not properly maintained, especially an inkjet printer.
Be cautious while replacing your cartridges
In some cases, you need to replace your printer cartridges but are in a rush, so you just force the cartridges into the printer. Replace cartridges carefully. You should avoid touching the bottom of the cartridge to avoid damaging your printer.
Keep your printer dust-free
It is a good idea to clean your printer periodically. There are many places where dust and dirt can accumulate. Use a clean soft cloth to wipe off your printer or a mild alcohol solution to clean it. Dust and dirt can enter your printer if it is not used regularly so consider covering it with a dust net.
Make sure your software and drivers are up-to-date
It is more important than you might think to update your computer’s software and drivers. Always make sure your drivers are up to date. Maintaining your printer’s performance will be easier with updated drivers.
All the information that you need to know about copying from the printer is available here. Make sure to follow these steps thoroughly to get the desired result.