You might encounter print quality issues like faded ink when your printer ink cartridge runs low on ink. Of course, it would affect your work tempo if you face it during a task. You will receive a notification in your printer that it is out of ink. In order to avoid print quality issues, replace your ink cartridge.
But, how to put ink in an HP printer?
Start with pulling out the ink from the printer, bring out the current ink cartridge from the ink tray, take out the new ink cartridge from the box, and place the new one.
Let’s have a comprehensive approach.
Step 1: Sliding out the ink tray:
If you own an HP printer, then there might be a document stack. Underneath which is an ink tray. Slide-out the ink tray:
- Ensure that your printer is powered on and plugged in. to slide out the ink tray, it is foremost that your printer is powered on.
- As you slide out the tray, ink cartridges will come into view.
- For a few HP printers, there is a cover that needs to be pulled to get to the ink cartridges section.
Step 2: Bringing out the current ink cartridge
You are required to get rid of current ink cartridges first.
- Depress on the ink cartridge that you want to bring out. It will eject the ink cartridge from the ink tray.
- As soon as you hear the sound of a click and see the ink cartridge protrude. You will pick it out.
- If you own an HP printer that requires different ink cartridges for different colors, then you will pull out the same procedure. Just dislodge each ink cartridge one by one.
Step 3: Unload new ink cartridge from the box
- Split open your box packaging to get a new ink cartridge.
- Your ink cartridge will either possess a blue label or a black label. Except for the fact that your printer needs different ink cartridges for different colors. So, the blue one is colored ink and the black one is black.
- Pull out the plastic tab from the ink cartridge. It is used for protection purposes.
- Consider not to come in contact with the copper-colored area. It can cause print quality issues, clogging, or ink failure, if your fingerprints streak the section.
Step 4: Place the new ink cartridge
- Now is the time to finally place your new ink cartridge into the tray. Make sure that the ink nozzles appear the other way.
- As the ink nozzles should be on the other way. The two tags present on the top of the cartridge should face you.
- The black ink cartridge should be placed on the left side. While the color ink cartridge should be fit on the right side.
Step 5: Shut the ink tray
- As soon as you set ink cartridges in the ink tray.
- Shut the ink tray and you will hear the noise of them as they get fixed.
If you want to sell an HP printer for cash you can click here.
- How to reset the HP ink cartridge?
Turn off and plug out the printer. Bring out the cartridges. Press the power button for 30 seconds and let go. Plugin and turn on the printer. Reset the cartridges.
- Do I require both black and color ink cartridges to print for HP?
If you usually print with only black ink. Then it is possible that other ink cartridges can fulfill the need for ink. However, HP suggests that you need to fill the ink cartridges that run low on ink.
- The ink dried out in ink cartridges?
It is usual that ink gets dried out in ink cartridges if not consumed for a longer period. It will be a total waste and useless. You should try printing every once a week to keep your ink cartridges alive.
Do you want to sell ink cartridges online? Click here.
As your printer gets depleted of ink, it will cause problems like clogging, faded ink, low-quality print-outs, and so on. To successfully install new cartridges in your printer, you should follow the above-mentioned procedure.