If your printer’s status is currently set to paused or offline you won’t be able to print until the status is altered to resume. You must be thinking about how you can fix it and bring it to life again. Printers can get paused because of multiple reasons like when the workload is more than enough, your printer is out of supplies, and so on.
If you want to sell toner cartridges for cash click here.
The question sits, how to unpause a printer?
Check for the printer’s status by clicking the device and printer window on the computer and if its status is paused, change it to resume by removing the tick from pause printing.
How to unpause a printer?
Some steps are mentioned down below that you can follow to unpause a printer.
Step 1: Look for the printer’s status
- Click on the start button.
- Select the control panel button and click on hardware and sound and then printers.
- Right-click on the printers and see if the pause printing option is checked.
- If it is checked, remove the tick.
Carry on if this doesn’t work for you.
Step 2: Check the print queue
- Right-click on the option default printer.
- Then select cancel all documents.
Step 3: Reopen the print spooler device
- Select the start button and then tap on the control panel.
- Select administrative tools and double-click on services.
- After reaching the user account window, select continue.
- Click on print spooler.
- Turn it off by clicking stop.
- Then start it again and click OK.
- Now restart the computer and check the printer by printing a test page.
This is why the printer gets paused
As discussed above there can be several problems causing the printer to stop working. Some of them are mentioned down below.
The workload is more than usual
Your printer may lose its potential to work if page count or file size or both of the papers getting printed are large. Check the printer’s output tray and check the pages that are currently in the process of printing and you will be able to figure out the graphics quality on both sides.
The printer is out of supplies
Printers can get paused if they run out of basic supplies like ink cartridges or pages. You should look upon the device for the prominent signs or by inspecting the device while getting to look at warning lights or readouts telling that your device requires new supplies. As soon as you fill out the supplies your device will get back to work. However, laser printers may take a while to warm up and start working.
The printer driver is not appropriate
This is another cause to make your printer stop working. If the printer driver software is not compatible with your hardware and Operating system, you may face a denial from your printer to print and put your files in the print queue. This way, your printer will eventually get more stuck. You can try restarting your computer and printer both to resolve the issue. Additionally, you can reinstall your driver software or install an alternative.
If you want someone to buy your unused ink cartridges, click here.
- Why does the printer pause on Mac?
The printer gets stuck when it is not able to connect by selected concord and find the selected port on the printer. This can be fixed by reinstalling your printer’s software.
- Why does the printer get offline?
This may be because your printer is having difficulty communicating with the computer. Check the computer’s connectivity or search if your printer has any kind of fault.
- How to clear the printer queue?
- On your computer, open the run window by holding the windows logos key + R.
- Type in “services” in the Run window.
- Find the option print spooler.
- Right-click on the print spooler and click stop.
- Reach out to C:\Windows\System32\spool\PRINTERS and clear all the files.
By the end of this post, we get to know the methods that can be applied to unpause a printer. We also find some reasons that help in making your printer stop working.